There is a great deal happening in the area of Virtual Reality that is focused on helping cancer patients and survivors cope with the anxiety and stress of living daily with cancer. We are making our difference by creating a Cancer Survivor Clubhouse.
If you are house-bound, have low energy levels or cope with body image issues then you may want to spend time with us. Make new friends & together enjoy an immersive experience sitting on the beach, sailing in a quiet lagoon, attending a musical event or exploring a foreign land all within the virtual world of Second Life. Clubhouse members are easily finding ways to augment their quality of life.
What is currently happening in the Cancer Survivor Clubhouse?
Every week we have two group support meetings… one on Wednesday’s at 3pm ET and one on Sunday’s at 3pm ET. The Sunday group session is run with the American Cancer Society at Hope Haven which is their Second Life location.
We also have visits in the Clubhouse by cancer professionals focused on helping members find answers to issues dealing with stress management, meditation and nutrition.
To attend our group meetings or to spend time with one of our cancer professionals, please leave your request using our Ask Dave form
There are a variety of activities happening every week. We meet at the clubhouse and then teleport to the appropriate Second Life location. For example, below you’ll find locations providing music, dancing, costume parties and sailing.
- SPRING or FAE MER DANCE & CONTEST 12 Noon- Tuesday — Come to enjoy the fun at Creations Park Underwater for our weekly dance and costume contest. Piano music from Ari http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Creations%20Park/230/125/1
- Ari plays piano every Monday from 10 to 11 am at Inspiration Island. What? Always inspiring piano music perfect for listening, chatting in text, dancing, laughing….Why? Relieve your stress with us! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Inspiration%20Island/93/147/22
- TransAct’ – Transcendant Activation Meets: Sundays @ 3pm starting Sunday March 19 Presenters: Ewan Bonham and Starlight Location: meet at the Community Cultural Hub in Whole Brain Health Open to anyone interested in developing a personalized ambience in SL for convenient meditation with a click. We will show you how to construct your own personal space to meditate mindfully.
- Come hear the amazing sounds of Denny Mac amazing guitarist and live singer here in the beautiful Rainforest at Fishers Island Yacht Club
- Wald and Friends is playing at Dublin at 3 pm. Join me there for traditional Irish songs and dances on penny whistle, bodhran, guitar, autoharp, and more — all acoustic, and all live! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dublin/81/85/25
- From: Fishers Island Yacht Club. Tonight we are using the WildWind RC-44 for the races. We will have a nice stiff breeze of 21 Knot out of the North West Please come out 10 Mins early to get ready. Races start promptly at 6:00
To participate in one of our activities, please leave your request using our Ask Dave form